Thursday 9 December 2010

I should stick to sewing......

I recently finished these gloves after working on them on and off for about a year, and I have to admit they are not my best work. They're warm, and the long length is great in this weather, but they're a bit lumpy and baggy. I just don't have the patience with knitting that I have with sewing, and become too eager to start, therefore neglecting to get my tension just right. But I vowed that this blog would be a document of all my projects, good and bad, so these will be the first on the 'less than perfect' list.

Well, back to the drawing board. I'm going to try these fingerless numbers from The Butterfly Balcony - the finished results look pretty good. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I think they look good, I love a long pair of gloves. I've only knitted fingerless armwarmers and haven't attempted gloves yet, so hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what pattern did you use? I could really do with some long gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look great!! I found with the half mitts that I made, they were a tad big, but once I had washed them they fitted much better! Good Luck with them if you do have a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the tips and encouragement! Lisa - I used an old pattern from a charity shop for teenage boys, and just extended the cuff section until it was the length I wanted. Let me know if you want a copy and I can send it to you, but you could use any glove pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!