Friday 18 March 2011

7 Things


Sometimes, I can be sooooo lazy! All the way back in January the lovely Psycho Sue at Sew Misunderstood very kindly awarded me the Stylish Blogger award, and I'm only now getting around to honouring the conditions (so shameful...), which are:

1)Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2)Share 7 things about yourself.

3)Award 10 recently discovered bloggers.

4)Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

So here are my 7 facts:


1 - I live in England, but I'm actually American! I was born in San Francisco, and grew up in a little town just outside called Fairfax (pop. approx 7,000 - very sleepy). Long story short - Mexican-American Mum bitten by the Beatlemania bug, went off to Engalnd in early 60's, met my English Dad, got married, came back to San Francisco in late 60's just for the hell of it, had a family, but became really home sick for Europe, so the whole family came back here in 1985, when I was 14. We've been here ever since. I sort of pick and choose when I'm English and when I'm from the States. But I recently visited San Francisco, and felt very at home......


2 - The first band I had a major crush on was A Flock of Seagulls. There, it's out, and I don't care what anyone says. I thought they were great, and 'I Ran' is a great song. (Look it up on Youtube, kids).


My all time favourite band is the Cramps; there's hardly a day goes by when I don't listen to one of their songs. RIP Lux.

A recent unnecessary purchase...
3 - I really like Hello Kitty. Is this wrong for a married woman?


Hula hooping in a nightclub while drinking beer- the secret to a healthy lifestyle!
4 - I'm a lapsed hula hooper. I used to do it daily, to keep my waist trim, and it's just really fun. But I haven't done any since Christmas; it's hard to motivate myself during the short, cold days. I'm determined to start again soon.



5 - I'm obsessed with 'The Killing' on BBC 4. For those of you not aware of this show, seek it out- it's brilliant.  And don't let the fact it's in Danish put you off; it IS worth the effort. I might even knit a sweater like the one the lead character, Sarah Lund, wears, as a tribute to her, because there aren't enough realistic intelligent women on TV. (Now I just sound mental......)

6 - I don't have a Facebook page, or a Twitter account, or an i-phone. It seems like I'm the only person in the universe with out these things. I'm not a tecnophobe, I just don't have the time. I just about find time to do this blog.



7 - I can't stop buying hooped earrings, little cardigans, and striped tops. They just always work - well, anyway, that's what I think. I think the goat in this picture had other ideas.

It was very hard, as I love all the blogs I follow, but here are my most recent fabulous discoveries:

Misfits Vintage
Tales of a San Francisco Shutterbug
This Old Life
Vintage Vixen
Penny Dreadful Vintage
That Vintage Broad
Tickety Boo Tupney
The Dandyman Can
Dial V for Vintage
Miss Peelpants

In the words of Patricia Neal in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', they're all very stylish girls. (Except for the Dandy Man, who gives Cary Grant a run for his money, I'm sure)

11 comments:

  1. Thank you darling - how delightful and what an honour to be in such fabulous company!

    Your seven things are gorgeous. Like you, I am obsessed with striped tops and cardigans. How many does one gal need? ALL OF THEM!

    Thanks again!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm very honoured and will try to do my seven things (I find these hard because I feel so boring most of the time!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole! why haven't we met before? I've just spent a while catching up with you and your blog and I must say, you rock!
    Thanks so much for the award.
    I share your love of The Killing and your fear of Twitter and I-Phones. I carry a mobile phone the size of a brick that is so old it's practically vintage.
    The Cramps rocked and I loved Flock Of Seagulls, too, Wishing(Photograph of you) is still in my vinyl collection. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god that is a Hello Kitty pen, I thought it was something else at first glance! Thank you for taggng me, though I'm like Miss Peelpants, absolutely rubbish at remembering to do these things! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats amor!
    Hahaay, I didnt know your were half Mexicana mi dear, do you still speak spanish, I hope so.
    I always wondered what a half Mexican/English would look like.
    well George from Beatles married an LA Mexican and their son is gorgeous.
    always nice to know more about you.
    yeah, the The Cramps are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you, that's very kind! I'll be sure to follow suit and partake! Dandy Love X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nicole, there's another blog award waiting for you on my latest blog post back at VK HQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeek! I love the Cramps,I loved Flock of Seagulls(no shame in that at all) and I love the frock you are hula hooping in. O,and I adore little cardi's too,I'm obsessed.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole thank you soooo much!
    I'm so honored ;)
    I love your story about your mom and I'm jealous of your living in England.

    We are San Francisco sisters.

    Can't wait to copy your 7 things.
    So fabulous.

    xoxo
    Psychedelicsister

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU! Sorry it’s a bit late- I have been a bit down in the dumps lately and haven’t done any posts, so finding this comment made my day!.... oh, and I’m another gal who doesn’t own an I-phone, or have an account with twitter, or facebook! Tickety x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!