Monday 2 May 2011

Normal Service is Resumed

Sorry I've been away from blog-land, but there's been some rubbish to deal with at work that's been getting me down, but it's all sorted now, so you'll be seeing more of me!

The car blouse is done at long last. After my dilemmas about what to wear it with, and my complete rejection of Mr Needles' suggestion of purple, here I am wearing it with an old purple pencil skirt I made years ago, and it looks fine.
Caught off guard with a grumpy face.

The blouse was pretty straight forward to make; the only thing I altered were the sleeves, which I shortened, as the original had 3/4 sleeves which looked a bit too business-like for this fabric.

Button closure at back of neck

I also added a little car button at the back of the neck; the pattern recomended a boring old hook and eye, but I'm a sucker for cute buttons. I also added one at the left side, under the zip closure.


Button closure at hem

Hope you're enjoying the lovely weather, and see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Nicole! :-)

    I love those photos and that blouse is so cool and quirky, especially with those car buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, and I love the car buttons!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!