Saturday 9 July 2011

Vintage Knitter Swap Partner Gifts

Best parcel ever!
The other Friday, I got home from a hard day at work to find the most brilliant parcel waiting for me. It was covered in stickers of all my most favourite things, even a picture of 'Meet Me in St Louis', one if my favourite movies:

 It could only be one thing - my swap partner parcel fom Liza at The Vintage Knitter! And it did not disappoint! 

All of the gifts were beautifully wrapped, stacked up in a little pile; one even had some lilac ric-rac trim (I love ric-rac; I should use it more...):

I greedily tore them open, to find these lovely things:

 All the best-est things in the world - 2 Stitchcrafts from the 1940's, a great coral nail varnish from Barry M, , a beautiful 1930's purse, a book full of great sewing diagrams (I love a good diagram!), and best of all, a great swallows necklace, made by Liza's own fair hand. Be sure you check out her work at Buttoned Up Betsy - her prices are so reasonable, it would be a shame not to.
Great Barry M varnish
  I've worn the necklace quite a bit, it goes with everything:

 I'm 3/4 of the way through my parcel for Liza, but the bar has been set so high, I don't know if I can meet these levels of wonderful-ness. It will be winging its way to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky Mama, I missed this parcel swapping thingy.swallow necklace is so cute.
    I love your hair, Hawaiian dress is amazing amor.
    ps.I get enough of Barry M polish myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, it was a pleasure (and great fun) putting the parcel together for you and I'm so pleased that you love it all. Actually, you were quite easy to buy for as we both share similar tastes. When I found those 'Stitchcrafts' I was so chuffed, as I had only just found out that you were my swappie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!