Monday 27 May 2013

Can't Stop Knitting

Sewing's my first love, but I always have some knitting on the go. I'm far less successful with it, but I keep trying!

I just finished this jumper, the pattern of which was in the Knitter magazine:


 Here's my slightly baggy version:



I followed the directions diligently, but after a few wears it seems to have grown around the middle:



Oh well...... it's not going to stop me wearing it. It's lovely and soft (I used Artesano extra fine wool) and I love the lacy panels:


Not to be put off, I've jumped straight in to 2 more knitting projects, both from the 60's, and both cardigans (Can't ever have enough cardigans). Here's the first one:


I'm knitting the piece on the left, out of navy blue Millamia double knitting (that's worsted, for the benefit of North American readers). I seem to be racing through this, and have already finished the back piece:

Close up of the lace panel
I'm not good at waiting to finish a project before starting a new one, so I've gone ahead and started this cardigan:



I'm making the crew neck version on the left. Pretty boring, you say? No! I'm jazzing it up by  knitting the ribbing in scraps of metallic thread and the body in Debbie Bliss Rialto 4-ply. Here's the start of the back:

Sparkly ribbing!
As I said before, I'm not as successful with knitting, and this project illustrates that beautifully. I started this some time ago:



It was going quite well, except for the fact that it was way too small! I'd made some adjustments that I thought would make it work, but there was no way it was going to fit. The only thing for it was to admit defeat and start something new, and so we have the start of the lurex rib cardi.

Let's hope these ones's work out - see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the 60s patterns! I wish I could knit as I can never find cardies that I like, I can do the basics but I'm not that good and I'm very impatient so I haven't taken the time to learn properly. Hope your projects work out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are knitting like a demon there, Nicole! And I'm so with you re: cardigans. Your black racy lacy number looks great and I bet its really soft in that Artesano yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knit work! I like knitting too, but I am much, much less successful with it. I guess there are more things to learn about it that I don't know/would help me.

    Super-excited about the 60s knitwear ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!